Looking for a fast and effective workout to fire up your core?
Join Coach Neesha from Team Betty Rocker to sculpt your abs and get your heart pumping with this 10 minute cardio core workout!
Coach Neesha is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
We’re using a tabata format today! Tabatas are really popular in our Rock Your Life workout classes because you get to go hard for a short interval (just 0:20) with an even shorter rest (0:10) and repeat this nonstop for four minutes.
This workout is just like the ones featured in the 21 Day Quick Core Challenge in Rock Your Life, a great challenge to take when you’re short on time and want to focus on core strength!
Check out this fun format today! You won’t need any equipment for this one so join Coach Neesha and let’s #stopdropandbettyrock!
Take the 21 Day Quick Core Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow! It’s perfect if you’re short on time and want a specific focus on core strengthening with workouts under 15 minutes! Start this challenge today!
10 Minute Cardio Core
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: optional elevated surface
Format: Within each tabata, perform each move for 0:20 and rest for 0:10. Repeat for a total of 4:00.
- Begin in a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over your wrists, core braced, neutral gaze (not looking up or down) and a flat back.
- Using your core to drive the movement, alternate running your knees towards your chest.
- MOD 1: Perform this move with your hands placed on an elevated surface.
- MOD 2: Make this low impact by taking the run out of the mountain climber and alternating driving your knees in towards your chest.
- Begin lying on your back with your knees bent, feet planted, and core braced so that your lower back is making contact with the mat.
- Extend your arms beside your ears, using your core to lift your shoulders off of the mat and extend your legs out long to hover over the mat.
- Hold for allotted time, being mindful that your lower back remains in contact with the mat and your shoulders stay lifted.
- MOD 1: Bend your knees and keep them lightly touching mat, or keep them hovered away from the mat.
- MOD 2: Extend your arms alongside your body to reach towards your legs or place your hands behind your head for support, being mindful of not pulling on your neck.
Tuck Jump/Box Jump
- Begin by standing facing the box (or any sturdy elevated surface) you are jumping onto.
- With a braced core, lightly bend your knees and power through your heels to explode off the balls of your feet onto the box (use your arms to propel you and land softly on the balls of your feet), squeezing your glutes as you stand upright.
- Jump or step back down and repeat for allotted time.
- MOD 1: Make this low impact by removing the jump and perform step ups with alternating legs, being mindful to drive through the heel as you step onto the box.
- MOD 2: If you don’t have a box to jump onto, perform tuck jumps:
- Begin standing with feet hip distance apart, core braced, and chest upright.
- Drop down a little into a quarter squat, engaging through the glutes to explosively jump.
- Maintaining an upright torso, tuck your knees up towards your chest as much as possible through the jump, before landing as lightly and quietly as you can.
- Use your arms to assist with momentum or hold your hands at about ribcage level as a guide for your knees’ height.
Cross Cross Side Side
- Begin by standing tall with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, and chest upright.
- With your hands behind your head and elbows wide, twist your torso and use your core to drive your right knee up and across to tap your left elbow. Be mindful that you are keeping your chest upright.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Now draw your right knee up to tap your right elbow for an oblique crunch and repeat on your left side.
- Continue alternating crossing both knees to touch opposite elbows and laterally crunching same side knees to elbows for allotted time.
Support your workouts with Berry Green Protein!
It combines 15 superfood greens, veggies and fruit with 18grams of protein. It tastes amazing and you can simply mix it with water and go, or add it to a smoothie or baked goods!
Awesome work, Rockstar! Check in with me and Coach Neesha to let us know what move was your favorite. We love hearing from you!
Check out these progress shots from Bailey, a Rock Your Life member who has had amazing, sustainable results over the past 2 years from having a supportive community, and consistent access to workout classes and challenge programs.
“I have been doing Betty Rockers workouts since July of 2020 . Today I took a progress pic just to see how far I have come! The first pic is from 7/2020 and the updated pic is from 05/2022. 40 lbs down.. several inches lost! This workout program along with eating a healthier lifestyle has truly changed my body and mind! I am currently doing the bikini body challenge and it has kicked my butt! If this momma of 3 can do it, so can you!!”
Wondering where to get started?
I’ve got a plan for you! In fact, I’ve got so many 30-day challenges you could take one every month of the year and still not do them all! You can find ALL of my amazing 30-day home workout challenges inside Rock Your Life – plus myself and the Team Betty Rocker coaches teach 5 new classes every week in case you want to just workout with us outside of a plan.
Join us and get started today!
The post 10 minute Cardio Core appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Credit : Source Post