Today, I’ve got a Total Body Blast for you to activate your overall strength!
This is Day 1 of our new 7 Day Challenge in Rock Your Life, so if you enjoy crushing this one with me, I’d love for you to join me for the rest of the challenge!
This is perfect if you’d like to jumpstart your motivation, if you’re looking for a “short term commitment” or if you have a week between other challenges or events in your life. The workouts are all around 30 minutes, making them an efficient use of your time!
Did you know there’s a whole series of different length challenges in Rock Your Life you might enjoy? We have 5, 14 and 21 day challenges, as well as DOZENS of 30 day challenges and so much more so there’s always something to suit your needs!
Grab a 30 day trial with this link and check out all of the incredible perks of being a member in Rock Your Life!
For this workout you’ll want to have some weighted objects like dumbbells or water bottles handy – anything to add resistance to help strengthen your muscle tissue.
Want to finish this challenge? Get the other 6 days with your Rock Your Life trial, and enjoy access to ALL of my challenges! Take all the 5 Day Challenges, the 14 Day Challenges, the 21 Day Challenge or any of dozens of 30 Day Challenges!
Get started today!
Total Body Blast
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects, elevated surface
Format: Complete each set for 3 rounds for time/reps.
Walking Plank (0:30)
- Begin in a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over your wrists, core braced, neutral gaze (not looking up or down) and a flat back.
- Being mindful of maintaining a flat back and reducing the shifting of your pelvis, lower your left elbow down to the mat, followed by your right so that you end in an elbow plank position.
- Plant your right palm back on the mat, followed by your left palm; you are now back in your tall plank position.
- Continue this sequence, alternating which side lowers and lifts first, continuing to check in on a braced core, neutral gaze, and flat back throughout this exercise.
- MOD: Perform this either with your knees down on the mat or with your hands on an elevated surface.
2 Way Curls (8-12)
- Begin standing with weighted objects in both hands and palms facing forward at your thighs.
- With a braced core and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), bend at the elbows to curl the weights up to shoulder height.
- With control, lower the weights to the starting position.
- Rotate at the shoulders so that your palms are now facing out, right and left, and curl the weights up to shoulder height.
- Lower the weights with control to starting position. Be mindful that you’re keeping your elbows in at your ribcage for the duration of the curls.
- Repeat sequence for your max reps.
Sumo Squat In and Out Jump (0:30)
- Begin by standing tall in a wide stance and core braced.
- Bend your legs with your knees tracking in line with your toes for a sumo squat, being mindful of keeping your chest elevated.
- Drive through your heels to propel yourself up, bringing your legs together midair so that you momentarily land in a standing position with feet close together.
- Immediately hop your legs back to a sumo position and squat your hips back.
- Repeat for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this low impact by removing the jump and stepping your feet together instead.
Step Ups (8-12 each side)
- Begin by standing tall in front of your elevated surface with your core braced and a weighted object in each hand.
- Plant your right foot on the elevated surface and, keeping your weight in your heel and your chest upright, drive through your right foot to stand fully on your right foot. Be mindful that your right knee is tracking in line with your toes.
- With control and keeping your weight in your right heel, slowly lower yourself back down, planting your left foot, then your right.
- Switch sides and continue alternating sides for your max reps.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and complete this exercise with bodyweight only.
15 fruits and veggies + 22 grams of protein in one convenient serving!
Berry Green Protein is a 100% organic, high protein (22 grams of protein per serving), nutrient-dense whole food powder combining 15 superfood greens and berries into one delicious smooth strawberry vanilla flavored shake!
Push Ups (8-12)
- Begin in a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over wrists, braced core, back flat and neutral gaze (not looking up or down).
- Bend your arms and lower yourself toward the mat for a push-up while keeping your shoulders away from your ears. Be mindful that your hips and torso are moving in one line.
- Maintaining a braced core and flat back, push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Drop your knees to the mat or perform this move in an elevated position with your hands on an elevated surface like a couch/ottoman/bench.
Reverse Flyes (8-12)
- Stand with your core braced, chest up, shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), and weighted objects in both hands.
- Hinge forward at the hips at a 45 degree angle with your body, and engage between your shoulders, so they’re not rounding forward. Allow your dumbbells to hang beneath your chest and keep your head and neck in a neutral position.
- Using the muscles between your shoulder blades, lift both arms out to the side leading with your shoulders and elbows rather than your wrists. It’s natural to have a slight bend in the elbows.
- With control, Return to the start position and repeat for your max reps.
KANG Squat to Back Pull Row (8-12)
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width distance, holding a weighted object in each hand, your core braced and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall).
- Bend your knees in line with your toes, sending your hips back to come into a squat.
- Drive through the heels to straighten your legs, maintaining a flat back and hinge in the hips, as you touch the weighted objects to your shins with your palms facing your body.
- Draw your elbows out and back for a pullback row, squeezing between the shoulder blades.
- Being mindful of not rounding in the shoulders, lower the weights with control close to your shins and drive through the heels, squeezing the glutes with a braced core, to come back up to standing.
- Repeat sequence for your max reps.
Split Squat Jump (0:30)
- Begin in a forward lunge position with your knees bent and aligned over your ankles, back knee hovering off of the mat, chest upright and core braced.
- With your weight primarily in your front foot and your knees tracking your toes, jump up and switch your front and back legs, landing lightly back in a lunge position.
- Continue alternating sides for allotted time.
- MOD: Perform alternating reverse lunges to make this low impact and/or hold onto the wall or back of a chair for help with balance.
I hope you’re taking excellent care of yourself. Leave me a comment below and let me know where you’re working out from today – YOU are awesome!
Looking for support and a consistent plan to follow? Check out what Rock Your Life, (my home workout studio and women’s fitness community) has to offer! I’m so proud of Cylee for what she’s accomplished as she’s been rocking her fitness journey for the past 2 years!
“I’ve been hanging out on the down low being inspired by you all! These results are a two year journey, but I wanted to share them because I think too often we give up on ourselves because we are not seeing results immediately. At least that’s how I’ve been. Lol Anything WORTH doing takes time! It takes consistency. It takes determination.
Betty Rocker is my favorite so far. I highly recommend her programs and products.
The feature where they Email you your workout every morning is freaking genius! It literally gives me something to look forward to. I love her and all the coaches!” – Cylee B, Rock Your Life member.
One-off workouts are great, but having a PLAN to follow is even better!
Join my online home workout studio and women’s fitness community, Rock Your Life, and get access to 30-day Challenges, a powerful support network unlike any other, new workout classes added every week you can do from the comfort of your own home – and share the journey while we help you reach your goals!
Click Here to get started today!
The post 30 Minute Total Body Blast appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Credit : Source Post