Get ready to rock your entire body in just 20 minutes with this fun total body workout!
We’ll be starting off with a strength-building circuit with extra emphasis on your legs and booty, and finishing with a quick high intensity tabata to get your heart pumping.
This workout is really going to challenge your muscles with compound moves designed to target every area of your body for a complete and balanced workout.
Change happens when we are consistent. One of the best ways I know of to stay consistent is by having a plan to follow.
I recommend following up today’s workout with my 30-day Booty and Abs Challenge– which gives you a full body workout plan with a special emphasis on sculpting and strengthening your butt, legs, and abs!
Ready to get started? Press play and let’s go!
Amazing job with that workout, Rockstar! Now let’s get you a plan!
Check out the 30-Day Abs and Booty Challenge for a home workout program that will sculpt and define your abs, legs and glutes (plus give you a great full body shred), uses minimal equipment and will get you on track to feeling and looking your best!
Full Body HIIT Strength
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects (dumbbells, water bottles, jugs or other), optional elevated surface
Format: Perform the strength circuit for the prescribed reps for 3 rounds. Once complete move on to the tabata circuit. For Tabatas, perform each move for 0:20 with 0:10 rest between. Repeat for 4 rounds, a total of 4:00.
Alternating Lunge to Curl (8-12)
- Begin by standing tall, core braced, and feet a little wider than hip distance, holding weighted objects in each hand.
- As you step your right foot forward, maintaining an upright posture, braced core, and bending the knees to 90 degrees, turn the left palm to face away from you and bend the left elbow to curl the weight up to shoulder height.
- Drive through the front heel to step your right foot back to meet your left as you lower the weighted object back down to your side with control.
- Be mindful of keeping your front knee aligned over your ankles and with your big toe in the lunge position.
- Repeat on the left side and continue alternating sides for allotted reps.
KANG Squat to Back Pull Row (8-12)
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width distance, holding a weighted object in each hand, your core braced and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall).
- Bend your knees in line with your toes, sending your hips back to come into a squat.
- Drive through the heels to straighten your legs, maintaining a flat back and hinge in the hips, as you touch the weighted objects to your shins with your palms facing your body.
- Draw your elbows out and back for a pullback row, squeezing between the shoulder blades.
- Being mindful of not rounding in the shoulders, lower the weights with control close to your shins and drive through the heels, squeezing the glutes with a braced core, to come back up to standing.
- Repeat sequence for allotted reps.
Glute Bridge Lift to Chest Press (8-12)
- Begin lying on your back with knees bent, feet firmly planted on the mat, braced core and lower back making gentle contact with the mat.
- With a weighted object in each hand, press your heels into the mat to drive your hips towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes and maintaining a braced core in a glute bridge.
- Continuing to hold the glute bridge position, extend your arms straight over your chest with palms facing your knees. This is your starting position.
- Draw your elbows down in line with your shoulders and wrists over elbows as you bend your arms, lowering the weights with control. Press the weights back over your chest to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the chest press for allotted reps while maintaining the glute bridge lift.
Stay strong, healthy and fueled for your active lifestyle!
My delicious chocolate protein supports your healthy, active lifestyle and nourishes your body with 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (which contains all the essential amino acids).
Get Your I Chocolate Protein HERE!
- Begin by standing at the front of your mat with your core braced and chest up tall.
- With control, shoot your hips back to move through a squat and all the way down to sit on the mat, rolling onto your back, drawing your knees in towards your chest and lifting your hips towards the ceiling to create a backwards rocking motion.
- Using this momentum, rock your body forwards to land on your feet and drive through the heels to finish with a jump, being mindful that your knees aren’t buckling inwards as you stand)
- Repeat for allotted time.
- MOD 1: When you’re learning this move, keep your hands down at your sides to support your stand to jump or use a chair/elevated surface to help you stand up.
- MOD 2: Remove the jump and/or just practice rocking back and forth, learning how to get your feet steadily back underneath you and hovering your hips to build up to eventually standing.
Jump Squat Pivot
- Begin by standing tall with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, and chest upright.
- Send your hips back into a squat, keeping your chest up tall, weight in your heels, and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Powerfully drive through your heels and posterior chain to explosively jump up and simultaneously pivot your body to the left, landing softly on the balls of your feet. Your whole body should now be facing left.
- Repeat the jump squat pivot to end facing forwards.
- Repeat the jump squat pivot to end facing the right.
- Continue rotating through this sequence for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this a low impact move by removing the jump and performing regular squats. You can also send your hips back to briefly touchdown on an elevated surface to guide proper squat form.
Be sure to check in today and let me know when you do your workout! Always looking forward to hearing how you’re doing, and any questions you have!
Share this post with a friend who loves working out!
The perfect follow up to this workout is the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge!
Define your abs and sculpt your booty and legs with this time-saving 30-day workout plan that can be done at home or in the gym!
Check out Laura’s amazing progress after doing this program for just 30 days!
The 30 Day Booty and Abs Program gives you a full body workout plan and it has a special emphasis on sculpting and toning your butt, legs, and abs! The follow-along workout videos are about 30 minutes long, can be done at home, incorporate minimal equipment (that I’ll show you alternatives to) like an exercise ball, stretchy bands and light dumbbells.
Check out the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge right here!
The post Full Body HIIT Strength appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Credit : Source Post