This 25-minute power workout will work your legs and booty, and boost your cardio endurance!
If you happen to be a woman over 40, resistance training and explosive cardio are an excellent focus for your workouts (if you’re under 40, I’d say the same!).
Building your bone density, deliberately strengthening the muscles that surround and support your joints, and challenging yourself in this way will go a long way to keeping you strong, active and healthy as you go through time.
Strengthening your muscle tissue boosts your immune system, increases your fat burning potential, supports your joints, and can even improve your sleep.
Explosive jumping moves like these in short bursts are a great way to load and strengthen your muscles and support your joint health – plus boost your cardiovascular capacity.
I encourage you to take these moves at your own pace, focusing on proper alignment and engagement to get the most out of every bit of this quick and sweaty workout.
Let’s get right to it!
Love training but need a well-designed plan to follow so you get the BEST RESULTS? Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Start this challenge today!
Legs and Booty Smash
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects (dumbbells, optional kettlebell, water bottles, jugs or other), elevated surface
Format: Perform the strength circuit for the prescribed reps for 3 rounds. Once complete move on to the tabata circuit. For Tabatas, perform each move for 0:20 with 0:10 rest between. Repeat for 4 rounds, a total of 4:00.
Single Leg Deadlift (8-12)
- Begin by standing with your feet staggered at hip-width distance, right foot in front, left in back.
- Hold a weighted object in each hand, your core braced and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), and keep about 80% of your weight in the front foot.
- Maintaining square hips to the wall in front of you, push your hips back and hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back, slightly bending your right knee and keeping the weighted objects close to your shins.
- Drive through your entire foot to come back to standing, pressing your hips forward, feeling your glutes working through this lift, and be mindful of not leaning back at the top.
- Repeat for max rep range and switch sides..
- MOD: Keep both feet planted and perform a Romanian Deadlift – hinging at the hips with a flat back, keeping the weights in close to your shins, and driving through your feet to come back up to standing.
Hip Thrusts (8-12)
- Sit yourself on the mat in front of your bench (or couch/chair/ottoman) and place a weighted object on your hip creases.
- Press yourself up with your elbows and feet to position your back against the elevated surface; the edge of the surface should be at the base of your shoulder blades. Your knees should be aligned over your ankles, with your feet planted on the mat.
- Brace your core and drive through your heels to lift your hips and weighted objects towards the ceiling, knees tracking in line with the toes, squeezing your glutes.
- Pause here for a moment then drop your hips back down toward the mat with control and repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Perform this exercise without weighted objects.
Wall Sit Hold (1:00)
- Place your back and shoulders against a wall and bend your knees to 90 degrees.
- Hold for allotted time.
- Optional for more of a challenge: Place a weighted object on your lap and/or place your arms against the wall in a cactus/goal post position.
Stay strong, healthy and fueled for your active lifestyle!
My delicious chocolate protein supports your healthy, active lifestyle and nourishes your body with 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (which contains all the essential amino acids).
Get Your I Chocolate Protein HERE!
- Place a yoga block (or any other barrier-type object) in the middle of your mat and stand on the far left side of the mat with your knees bent.
- Power through your feet to explode over the barrier to the right (use your arms to propel you).
- Land lightly with a braced core and evenly distribute your weight along each entire foot while allowing your hips and knees to bend to absorb force. Your knees should be in line with your toes as you set up to jump back to the left.
- Repeat for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this low impact by taking out the jump and step one foot at a time over the barrier, coming into a squat on the other side. Keep your core braced and your chest elevated, and drive through the heels to stand. Repeat step over and squat for allotted time.
Forward Reverse Lunge to Jump Switch
- Begin by standing tall, core braced, and feet a little wider than hip distance.
- Step your right foot forward, maintaining an upright posture and braced core, bending the knees to 90 degrees, being mindful of keeping your front knee aligned over your ankles and with your big toe.
- Drive through the front heel to step the same foot straight back into a reverse lunge.
- From the reverse lunge position, jump up and switch your front and back legs, landing lightly back in a lunge position with your right foot in front.
- Repeat on the left side and continue alternating sides with a jump switch in between for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this low impact by removing the jump and simply performing alternating forward/reverse lunges.
Awesome work, Rockstar! Let me know how you liked this workout and one thing you’re focusing on today to take care of yourself.
Results don’t happen overnight but it’s the actions you take consistently over time that add up to the big changes in your health, energy and physique.
I love how Meg really pulls so many principles we discuss together in this post she shared in Rock Your Life, where she’s pointing out her body composition changes and how the expectation of our weight on the scale doesn’t really reflect what we think it will.
Looking for some guidance to help you reach YOUR goals?
You’re invited to Rock Your Body AND Your Life…
…in my epic home gym that has new classes every week, 30-day Challenges to keep you on track with a program, your own personal workout library, over 300 healthy recipes, an exclusive support group, access to the Team Betty Rocker coaches, and so much more!
Can’t wait to see you there!
The post Legs and Booty Smash appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Credit : Source Post